Sunday, March 11, 2007

You know you're old when......

You get consoled by a young lady who comments, on my placing just outside the overall prize table, awarded to the first eight male and first eight female finishers and I quote 'You might get a prize in the M40 category' - I'm only thirty five and always thought I looked young for my age - how wrong can you be!!! Now off to order myself a zimmer frame which I obviously look like I need - and then cry myself to sleep.

Anyway, here is the video (which I apologise for being a bit long) and the race route with profile - which according to the gps contained approximately 2400ft of ascent.

Episode 6: A Stitch In Time

PS That's Bristol team mates Graham C and Mark D shown finishing at the end of the video.






On a final note, now I like google, and use many of their tools but I have to say that their video service is not the best. For this video I'm trialing www.motionbox.com and hopefully it will work ok.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Madrunner,

People are very impressed with your video.

The webmaster as made if available on our Hilly Half page.

Cheers,

Bidders

The Mad Runner said...

Cheers Bidders,
Did you run? or was that you at sevenish miles?
MR

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was me at sevenish miles.

Shame you were suffering with the stitch, you could of really pushed on and finished in top eight at least. Do you think the Fell running was helpful for the hills?

I'd love to do sub 1hr 30m half on a flat course as for hilly, I can only dream. Been stuck on 1hr 33m for 3years now.

There's also a link on the Runners World forum for you video.

Cheers,

Bidders

The Mad Runner said...

Hi Bidders,

I'm generally pretty good on hills because my long training runs are purposefully hilly. Nothing better for the stamina than legging it up a hill.

The fell running, new for this year, is really an outlet for my strength on the hills and madness when descending :) But yes, I would say, those few races this year have had a positive effect.

As to you breaking 1:30, the thing which helped me get there was putting in 15 mile training runs - it enables you to finish strong (and hence keep the speed up) when running a measley 13.1

MR

Post a Comment