Monday, March 19, 2007

Legs eleven

I am surprised how good my legs feel today. They are actually less painful than yesterday evening. I can even go down stairs pain free!

The results of the Rhayader race are now online and my estimated finishing position was smack on the money - I was 27th out of 410. Even though I say so myself, I'm chuffed with that one. It's funny because it really didn't feel like I was racing - more like a hard training run. I don't feel I ran on my limit at any stage. Yes, the last two miles were gruelling but only because I haven't run further than 13 miles since the start of December. To come so high up the field is a real bonus and a really big lift. The winners time of just outside two hours is pretty amazing considering the course - I take my cap off to him - but not until I've finished filming of course!

Today's just been a recovery day. I need to take it easy this week because my planned 15 and 14 mile races next weekend are not going to be easy. As I drove to Rhayader I examined the skyline around Abergavenny. The Summits of Blorenge and Sugar Loaf look a bloody long way up and I guessing that Crug Mawr is just as mean looking.

Thought for the day: No one ever says "It's only a game" when their team is winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment