Saturday, March 24, 2007

Race 18 complete......

Well that was a toughie. As you can see from the profile there are basically three big climbs and the steepest and baddest is saved for last. I took it reasonably easy across the flat bits, legged downhill and just tried to get up the hills anyway I could. I don't feel too bad now so hopefully I've saved enough in reserve for tomorrow and the Cleevewold 14.

I finished in 15th or 16th place - would have be 13th but I went wrong in the final kilometer - what a tit - in the town of Blaenavon on the way to the leisure centre/finish - must check out the finish next time! It added on roughly an extra km and about five minutes to my time, which was 2:39:56. Oh well, always nice to make a school boy error. My gps clocked up 15.8 miles and just about 5000ft of ascent.

The cap-cam, sadly, didn't make...... it died ...... or rather, it ran out of battery at around 2:20, just on the section going across the top of the final hill. Hopefully I can cobble something together though.

And finally, something for those with strong stomachs. Both my heels now have massive blood blisters - or did have. I know, I know - you're not supposed to pop 'em but I have to try and dry them up by tomorrow. I got out my number six rusty nail and gave them a damn good seeing to. It was like a scene from the Texas Chain Saw Massacre. As long as my feet don't go sceptic overnight and drop off I'll be wearing my road shoes tomorrow because they are nice and comfy - oooooooh [holds handbag] hark at me.

Thought for the day: If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried.



No comments:

Post a Comment