Friday, March 30, 2007

My fear is realised

I am officially extending the month to include the 1st of April because I am required to travel to Sutton Park on Saturday for the Midland road relays (baring a last minute reprieve for mad behavior of course). Never being one blessed with luck, I'm sure to end up being runner 25 and excess to requirements come the race - it's hard graft or nout for me - just once, couldn't lady luck smile on me?

The Chedworth Roman Trail 10 on Sunday is now likely to be my twentieth - not technically part of March but for the reason above it shall, from hence forth, be known as March the 32nd. I'm not failing my target just because I play for the team. It's either extend the month by a day or I take out a contract on one of our runners. As assassination isn't legal (at least not in this country) it's going to have to be extend the month. I still have my fingers firmly crossed just in case I get that one lucky break and can go to Wales instead. Going to Wales a lucky break? What's the world coming to - only joking, I've really enjoyed my races over in Wales this year, they've been great and I look forward to a summer of races there - I'm not Anne Robinson - honest.

Thought for the day: Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment