Thursday, March 22, 2007

To hill and back again......

Sneyd hill reps again tonight but I made sure I got down the gym before hand to fit in a session on the weights. Can't go loosing my muscle tone now can I. My gym work is the one area that has been on the slide of late. As I've been racing on the weekends I've been missing lots of sessions - I'm a bad bad boy. Only a few more weeks to go though and I shall be back to normal - training wise normal that is.

On to tonight's session. It was near perfect conditions. There was no wind and it wasn't really that cold, at least it was far warmer than Tuesday and yesterday. It was a small but perfectly formed group - just the four of us, Craig P, Pete S, Jerry H and Me. With the English schools and the Bath half marathon on the weekend I think it's fair to say it was not unexpected for there to be so few.

The session was six of the standard 950m hill reps but Jerry and I decided, before the start, to run only four - so no one could accuse us of bottling it once the session got under way. Amazingly, it ended up being my fastest ever set of four by a couple of seconds per rep and also included my fastest single rep as well (3:45, 3:35, 3:40 and 3:41) - top dollar. Can't believe I managed to go so quick (relative) because my legs feel a long way short of 'fresh'.

It was good to see Jerry running much better than the last time I saw him a month or so ago. He looks like he's on the way back.

Thought for the day: Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days the statue.

No comments:

Post a Comment