Friday, March 23, 2007

Feet up Friday......

Well it's 17 hours to go until the start of the biggest test of my indestructibility so far. I came through last weeks test with flying colours. This one, I fear, will be substantially tougher. I still harbour the memories of the Long Mynd race and those fateful three steep hills at the end, where it was more climbing than running. On that occasion the mountains almost broke me - with the emphasis on 'almost'. I survived and I'm all the stronger for it. I have more understanding of how tough it will be and the challenge I face. Saturday's race is about four miles longer than the Long Mynd, weighing in at 15 miles! The record is just under 2 hours but I expect to take around 2:30. Sunday's race should be an all together easier affair. It's only 14 miles and about half the ascent of Saturday, coming in at a mere 2500ft. Will the mountains win? Will I break? or Will fate smile upon me? ......

No comments:

Post a Comment