Friday, March 16, 2007

The calm before the storm

I've decided to taper for my next race - the Rhayader Round The Lakes 20. But since it's tomorrow it's not going to be the longest taper ever!

With last night's race under my belt, my 15th race, I'm feeling confident of making my target of twenty by the end of March. I'm expecting tomorrow's race to be tough though. I haven't run more than half marathon distance since December's marathon so the extra seven miles of 'undulating' terrain might just finish me off but it'll be good to test my powers of recovery. As you know, I will be racing again on Sunday in the Ironwood Challenge (8 miles). I haven't run the Ironwood for a few years and I'm looking forward to racing on home territory once more - I do lots of training through those woods - they be good hills, me-hearties.

Cheers Ben, I can't make the next Weston Prom race but I plan to run the one on the 17th of May. Hopefully you'll be back running and can show me how it's supposed to be done.

Thought for the day: If tin whistles are made out of tin, what do they make fog horns out of?

Here is a pic of the seafront at Weston from yesterday, with Graham G and Gareth C warming up before the start of the race. Even on the warm up I couldn't keep up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes i hope so dave! had a gd day today, first time i have really trained properly and felt strong so should be getting there soon, good luck with the race tomoz and on the weekend, keep us posted (as im sure you will) and will see you soon i guess, Ben

John Kynaston said...

Good to see you are doing the 20 mile race tomorrow. Hope it goes well and I look forward to reading the report and watching the capcam (if you are planning to do one!)
John

Post a Comment