Friday, March 02, 2007

It lived up to its name....

My foot bruised to hell,
On Tumble I fell.
Second place I did finish,
now off to replenish.
A massage I'm needing,
for desperate healing.
To Castle Coombe ready,
to run, run, bike, run.

I really enjoyed the race today. It was an Irish fell race, where you start at the top, run to the bottom and then race back to the top. Within 500m from the start I had slipped on a rock and gone a right pearler. Nearly did the splits, landed on my arse and bashed my left foot on a rock. I scraped myself off the floor and moved through the field to finish ...... 'second'. That's my highest ever placing (beating my previous best of fourth). It was a small field today and some of the top runners where missing, but second is second and you can't take that away - This fell stuff is quality.

I have my doubt's as to how fit for action I am going to be tomorrow for the 10k and duathlon but I've paid my money so I shall be grinding it out regardless. I didn't get where I am today without being more than slightly mad - and I am, after all, pretty much indestructible.

Thought for the day: There's a fine line between genius and insanity and I have erased the line.




PS video to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment