Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Mad Runner Rides Again

My legs were not at their best this morning but not half as bad as I expected them after yesterday - they are, however, extremely sore now. I'm fully expecting to be hobbling tomorrow though. For the first time ever I'm going to seek a sports massage. I know, I know, that's far too sensible for me - even the Mad Runner has to have an off day now and then. It's damn hard work being mad all the time!

Anyway, onto the race. The course seemed to be a little different from what I remember but since it was four or five years ago I suspect that's just me. I set off towards the middle of the pack to try and save my legs for the end. I steadily picked my way through the field to finish in the unexpectedly high position of 15th! I was in no way expecting that. My time was 49:03. (The distance was just over 6 miles with about 1100ft of climb).

Once again, the race went off without a hitch. The Nailsea boys and girls certainly know how to organise a race. There were course markings and marshals in all the right places to make sure you stayed on the straight and narrow. There seemed to be a good size field and lots of spectators. It's definitely a race which deserves to be well supported. I look forward to the LA 10k and Nailsea Festival 10k with eager anticipation.

Bristol and West's John D was fourth overall, so well done John. I don't know the result but I'm guessing he was first M50 by, I should imagine, quite a margin - John, you'll have to give me a slap if this is wrong when next we meet.

Video to follow as soon as possible - what with Mothers Day and all!

Thought for the day: Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment