Monday, March 12, 2007

Clocking off early......

I had to take a break from work early today. The thing I was working on turned out to require far more brain power than I had initially thought and by 3:30 my brain function had declined to the point where I was no longer thinking straight - nothing unusual there then :)

Headed out west and hit the gym (actually north with a smidgen of west but that doesn't sound as cool so west it is). I put in a solid hour on the exercise bike and then tagged on an hour of weights, working on the abs, biceps, shoulders and man breasts, that is to say pecs. Ye olde arms are aching a bit now (but the man breats are fine - which is nice). It was a damn fine session.

Well, race wise, Sunday was race number 14 of the magic 20. By the end of this week I will be up to 16. I am desperately searching for a race for this coming Saturday since it would give me a buffer zone (at 17 races) and take me to within spitting distance of the target (not a very nice phrase but couldn't think of anything better). The crunch week is definitely going to be the 24th/25th when I run the 15 mile fell race on Saturday and then the Cleevewold 14 miler on Sunday. That is going to be a tough weekend. Truly a week where I put my powers of indestructibility to the test.

Thought for the day: If a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman around to hear him - Is he still wrong?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's this 5 miler (or a much longer option) if you're prepared to travel about 90 miles to get there. Entries are supposed to have closed on 10 March, but you might be able to blag your way in.

http://www.runningdiary.co.uk/go/view.cgi/2177

Post a Comment