Sunday, May 01, 2011

Earning A Treat

Another day and another lie in. I stayed up a bit late last night and that somewhat did for me today. Instead of the medium 15 miler I decided to put in two hours on the bike before heading out for a run. By the time I got out for the run my legs were nicely pre-knackered. I decided to make it worth my while and headed over to Huntley to treat myself to a nice bottle of plonk. There's nothing quite like giving focus to run by dangling a reward to the end of it.

I treated the run like a bit of a fartlek session. I pushed at times over the flat ground and took it easier at others. The main climb up and over Huntley Hill isn't a bad little ascent and I, for the most part, managed to grind my way up most it. This time of year is such a great time for running through the woods. The going is firm and everything is bursting with new growth. In all I covered just over seven miles with about 1,000 feet of ascent. All in all a decent little run completing a good days training.

No comments:

Post a Comment