Wednesday, May 25, 2011

56 Scary Hours...

Well I have officially done my last training session before the moment of doom - or in fact, the 21 hour long moment of doom. A very easy 30 minutes on the bike... and that's a wrap.

After yesterday's food requirement breakdown, tonight I turn my attention to drinking - not that kind. I've been on the wagon since the Spring Ball. My body is a temple - some of the time...

As a runner, I'm pretty lucky in that I seem to be able to cope well on low water consumption. To be fair I don't think that's just luck, I believe you can train your body to some degree. Now I'm not stupid enough to believe you don't need to drink while out running, especially when the weather turns hot. However, I think you can condition your body to work well off low volumes. My plan is to consume three 500ml bottles of water with electrolyte per stage. That may go up if it turns hot but at the moment that doesn't look too likely. I'll be using bottled water - sorry boss - but I want precise measures and an accurate way of recording intake. Drink the three bottles, job done. I'll be sticking to High5 Zero Xtreme for the electrolyte - and a caffeine boost.

The nerves are beginning to kick in. I've not felt this nervous about running for literally years....

No comments:

Post a Comment