Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Back To The Grindstone

Had an adminy sort of a day at work followed by a bit freelancing before the journey home. For the first time in over a week I woke feeling energized. I was up and at the world without a problem this morning. My guilt for my somewhat lazy long weekend has evaporated. My batteries are recharged - and it feels good.

Tonight, after getting home later than the norm, I put in just 45 minutes on the bike. I've the lunch run planned for tomorrow and I want a reasonable run out. Dinner was a tasty bacon and red onion Spanish style omelette - and even though I say so myself, it was bloody lush. I know it was somewhat basic cooking but from small acorns spring mighty oaks. I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again but I'm going to have to get me a cook book and start expanding my repertoire. There is something both relaxing and strangely satisfying about cooking - probably the razor sharp knives have something to do with it. I could get to like it - the cooking and not just the slicing things up...

Anyway, almost time to put the feet up and CSI the evening away...

No comments:

Post a Comment