Sunday, February 03, 2008

Well the results are in

As I hadn't posted a thought for the day (due to live posting from the event) I thought I should.

Anyway, the results are now online - hats off to very rapid posting by the organisers. I finished in 36th place - 10 places up from last year and on closer inspection I was 1 minute and 55s quicker than last year.

Comparing this year to last it would appear that the majority of those who ran both years were somewhere in the region of one to three minutes slower this year - which cheers me up a bit - not that I was too badly uncheered but every little helps. I guess it means that it's fair to say the course was slower this year so at least I can hold my head high in that I did improve against the conditions.

And to borrow a phrase from a friend of mine, 'I ran like a sack of s#*t' and should have done better. I ran out of steam on the final climb and can make no excuse for that other than the fact that I'm just a bit rubbish at running. I shall repent of my sins, say twenty how's your father's and vow to train harder...

Thought for the day: Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.

PS, I'm still smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment