Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Didn't bridge the distance

I ran out of steam a long way before the line tonight. I was in reasonable shape until 3k and then I just - well, died really. My legs tightened and my stride shortened to a kind of geriatric shuffle for the last 2k. Still, I'm reasonably pleased with 18:30 - if it weren't for the fact that others - who cannot be mentioned for legal reasons - beat the pants off me!

I have to admit that I didn't really recover from my long Sunday run. With my quads aching before the race I knew tonight was not going to be quick but I tried and that's all I could do.

Not sure what shape I'm going to be in for tomorrow's track session. I suspect I might not be completing the session but I will try.

Well done to Sean for a new PB, 16:14 and Helen for getting close to hers and - mutter, mutter - Mike T for equalling my course best - the swine - in 18:12. I don't think it's going to be long before he surpasses that.

Thought for the day: Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

No comments:

Post a Comment