Monday, February 18, 2008

Couldn't make the session

My calf muscles were tight today - very tight. So tight, in fact, that they pained me to walk - and I have a high pain thresh hold - as some can attest to. So instead of attempting Rick's session, which would surely have made things worse, I elected to go to the gym and put in an hour on the bike. That worked out well and I was able to pedal without problem. My upper body is aching a tad though as I did a few more bits and pieces than normal - I have my figure to maintain, don't you know - tch, such vanity.

Anyway, I saw Sean at the petrol station down Asda'l' on his way to the session and made my excuses - I think he believed me. Really though, I couldn't have managed running today. I ran hard yesterday but it was only ten miles and I didn't think I pushed to the limit but maybe on second thoughts I did - I was sick at the end - which pleases me in that I still have the ability to push myself to the limit.

Not going to plan for tomorrow. I shall wait and see how I feel...

Thought for the day: Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment