Sunday, February 10, 2008

Beaten by a girl

Yes, today I joined the ranks of those men who have been beaten by a girl - such as the great Mick O'D amongst others. In my case there's no shame when said girl runs the 2nd fastest (women's) time in the events 20 year history.

I had a thoroughly bloody ace race at Dursley today. I was totally up for it and managed to knock just over 3 minutes off last years time to finish in 13th place - up from 30th last year. My time was 1:26:19 and I have to say I'm well pleased with that. I did fade a bit in the latter stages but I remained strong enough to get to the finish OK.

Interestingly, I renewed my battle with Purple Top - the chap I had the tussle with in the May Hill Massacre and once again I managed to get the better of him - by just one place - again. He had the beating of me today until around the ten mile mark. I had never quite managed to get on equal terms. At that ten mile point a runner with devasting speed and strength passed us both and luckily I managed to drift on the wave created by that runner and got through to the finish ahead.

Well done to D & C for wearing the reverse, cocked up, Mad Runner T-Shirts. Well done to Dave Beddows who finished in 8th place and well done to Helen F for yet another - this is getting boring - stunning victory - and finishing in tenth place.

Thought for the day: Most people are as happy as they make up their mind to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment