Saturday, September 01, 2012

Butterflies, Grasshoppers and Dragonflies

The garden is awash with them, although to be fair the dragonflies might be damselflies. Oh, and bees. There's plenty of bees out there too. It's great to see nature going strong. The butterflies where mostly Red Admirals although there was one Peacock (butterfly, not the bird). The pond is teaming with life too. I was thinking of getting shot but I think it should probably stay.

On the running front. My Peris paperwork is in the post. I'm entered for the Full Horseshoe so the 14 day countdown begins.

This afternoon I got out for an easy 9.3k although I should have taken things easier than I did. I picked a hilly route - flat isn't really an option and stupidly worked on the ascent rather than taking it easy. There's no aches or pains but I do wonder whether I shall pay for it tomorrow. Not being totally back to form I probably should've pootled. Ah well, what's done is done.

Anyway, as it's such a nice day there's no time for sitting in the house. Time to get back out there and into the garden...

Today's 9.3km with 1,100 feet of ascent

No comments:

Post a Comment