Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I'm a lady

I slacked tonight. I was going to just round the track a few times but after three laps I was bored so joined in with the young ladies - and Dave T.

We ran two 3 minute reps (they did three), two 2 minute reps and one 1 minute rep. It was all very calm and easy until that final 1 minute rep. Round to 200m I was steady, controlled and then .... I lost it big time. I turned on the after burners like you would not believe and sprinted - and I mean sprinted the last 180m. I got to within 20m of the full lap in just 60s - yes, that's 20m of the full lap - and I even started to slow down as I approached the line because I thought I'd missed the whistle.

Extrapolating that to a full lap equates to a 63s lap. And considering the first 200m was really rather steady I reckon I've got a sub 60 in me. And to quote from someone - don't know who - I probably shouldn't of done that - but it was fun.

Anyway, I'm not doing any more training before Luton. Maybe an easy jog but nothing strenuous.

Thought for the day: Quitting while you're ahead is not the same as quitting - 'American Gangster'

No comments:

Post a Comment