Friday, October 19, 2007

Temptation

I have been tempted. I've heard about a race on Sunday called the Stagger. It's a short run from Minehead to Dunkery Beacon, the highest point on Exmoor, and back. It's only 15 miles and 3300ft of climb - oh how I am tempted.

I yearn to run it. Looking at the times from last year I could make the top twenty. But I have vowed to train at Ashton on Sunday and I know I should really stick to the plan for a long run tomorrow. Then, at least, I will be ready for Monday's training session.

But oh how my heart yearns to race but for this one time only I shall let my head rule.

Thought for the day: If you're always chasing happiness, it will never be able to find you. Relax, simply give happiness a place to live in you, and it will be in great abundance.

PS There is still time for me to change my mind though....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not even as a training run? Come on! I've been more than tempted, I'm desperate. But I can't. You however...

not even as a training run?! Go On! It's awesome. You'll love it.

(And also - for when you decide to see 'sense' - have fun!)

Post a Comment