Sunday, October 14, 2007

Six figure mileage

No, nothing to do with running. I clocked up the big 100,000 in the car the other day - bully for me.

Anyway, it was up to Ashton today for the Sunday run. We ran for about 50 minutes around the perimeter before heading out along the tow path and up the hill that is known as Fred - sorry, Nightingale. So the big question, did I make it all the way to the top without stopping? Do I still have the power? And why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near? ....... I've got the power, du du du da da da du du du da da da, I've got the power [music plays - you know the song].

I honestly wasn't sure how well I would go up that hill. There's been many a time I've stopped on that bad boy before now when in top condition so I have to think I'm not far off fully recovered with the way I glided up there today - OK, glided might not be the right word - no, dammit, I'm sticking with glided.

The quads, calfs and achilles all survived unscathed so I should by up for training tomorrow night on the Downs with the lads. I'm back and I mean business.

Some news from Yesterday. Sean had a good day over the Bridge in Swansea it the first Gwent League cross country, coming 9th overall in his race which sees him up against the under 20's. Nick didn't go quite so well - you're going to have to come up Ashton Court on Sunday's with us Nick, to get some distance work. And early reports suggest Rick had a decent enough run on the comeback trail. And me? Well, I had a bloody ace race - first in the 2pm lie in and a PB to boot - back of the net.

Thought for the day: It is bad luck to be superstitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment