Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Soggy old run

My right hamstring was well tight tonight before the run - in fact it's been tight all day but I don't have to care about that until I need it to run. I'm pretty sure the hamstring tightness is the result of the hurdles on Saturday. I guess I'm not as young as once I was and that the hurdles are a young mans game - but will it stop me? You bet it will ..... NOT, seriously though - there's no way I'm not hurdling again - nice double neg.

I headed to the gym and then out with gang. I put in twenty minutes on the bike and some stretching before the run, in some desperate but ultimately hopeless way to loosen up - it didn't work - doh.

Anyway, that didn't stop me and although we started off slow - or I did. I quickly played catch up and after about 30 minutes in I was no longer limping. By the end we were fair dinkum flying, hitting 6:20 pace for the last couple of miles - excellent. I was pleased with tonight's run and although it drizzled most of the time it was a pretty enjoyable eight and a half miles. Now I've finished the hamstring feels fine. But by far and away the best thing about tonight's run was the fact that even at the end, when we were going quickly, I was breathing really freely and feeling very comfortable. I think it's safe to say we've seen the last of mister chesty cold - and good riddance.

Thought for the day: It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment