Monday, May 21, 2007

Can't believe I just did that ...

... run the Hogweed Trot 10k - with sore, painful legs. It was another well organised event - something I've come to expect from the Hogweed Trotters - with plenty of marshals dotted around the course. It was slightly more undulating than I was expecting but with fresh legs it would have been a course to suit me. With my sore quads it was more of a training run - and to that end it was still satisfying.

I set off slowly, with no real time in mind - most people wouldn't even be out there running when your legs feel the way mine do at the moment. It's never a good sign when every step you take when walking to the start hurts!

 My time of 41:10 was slow by my standards but quick enough to consider it a fine tempo run. With another fell race coming up this Sunday I'm actually planning on giving running a miss from Thursday onwards - to give myself a bit of a recovery taper. I recon by race day I should be well rested and strong as an ox. 

I wonder how bad the legs are going to be tomorrow? Anyway, I managed to film tonight's race so hopeful I will get it on the web shortly.

Finally, well done to Gareth C. He continues to improve race by race, tonight setting another PB. In the car, on the way across, I predicted that he should be able to go sub 37, and thus it was written. And at the appointed hour, did the prophecy come to pass, with a time of around 36:40.

Thought for the day: You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment