Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Recovery is the order of the day

So, all things being equal I went for another run today - what am I like? Am I crazy? Nope, just a little mad - but I made sure it was a really really easy one - and besides the legs actually felt a lot better today - which was surprising. The pain in the quads has almost gone.

I went out with the lads and ladesses from the the gym. To force myself to go slow I volunteered to bring up the rear - oh er - and what a nice set of rears they were - say no more, say no more. Anyway, it was a good little run. We were out for about an hour and ten and we didn't cover that great a distance but I feel it's done me good. Whether I will be sufficiently recovered by tomorrow to do the full on track session or not is open to debate but one thing is certain, I will definitely give it a go - after all I'll be resting from then on until Sunday.

Without further ado, from the Hogweed Trot 10k, not my greatest I have to admit, in fact I've yet to produce my greatest, but here it is anyway, Episode 12: Hogweeds Revenge.




Thought for the day: Dogs have owners. Cats have staff!

1 comment:

John Kynaston said...

Hi Madrunner

Great video. Sorry I've not left a comment for a while but I follow your posts regularly. Good to read things how things are going. Just want you to know you have a small (well me and one other) fan club up in Scotland. We would like to challenge you to come and run the Highland Fling next year. a 53 mile ultra in April over the southern part of the whw route and then the following year to run the full whw race. Are you up for the challenge?? John

Post a Comment