Thursday, May 03, 2007

I got tightness in the calves

My calves where tight tonight. I headed out for a forty minute easy run but it was even easier than planned because the calves were so incredibly tight. Only in the final couple of k did I start to loosen up and feel comfortable and then I managed to speed up a bit. In fact I sped up to the point of flying along - if I had wings I might have taken off. I'm guessing the bird (nudge nudge wink, say no more, slap wrist for being sexist) way ahead may have played some small part in my increased pace and improved running form but as I say, never waste the chance of a training muse. Then it was a quick session on the weights before home for tea.

I'm taking a full rest day tomorrow. To rest up ready for the track when I will do my best for Queen and country - and if they're really lucky - the club as well.

Almost there with the guide ...
11) When leaving the zoo, start running towards the car park, yelling "run for your lives, they're loose!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment