Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Just Nick, Rick and me too

What a let down at the track tonight. No Sean. No Harry. Shocking! But at least Nick turned up. He ran by himself tonight and seemed to go OK. Rick didn't work him too hard because he's saving him for the Track on Saturday - but he didn't give him much recovery between reps either. He seemed to be going round almost continuously - nice one Rick, crack that whip - whut tish (that's the spelling for the whip cracking sound incase you couldn't guess - or in grown up speak, a bit of onomatopoeia - but I'm not grown up enough to use that).

About my session, well I turned up early and set up five of the eight hurdles I will be hopping over on Saturday - not the actual hurdles you understand but the configuration and placement within the lane. I ran three laps with a bit of rest between each one. I took it easy since I was aiming to familiarise myself with getting the feel of clearing those little - or not so little - devils. It went well, maybe not pretty and certainly not quick but I felt comfortable getting round and didn't stutter into then too badly. Saturday and the 400H should be fine - I'll make it round - a glorious last place me thinks!

Onto the session proper, I ran five 400's with a nice big gap to get my breath back. I'm still having breathing problems but the reps themselves where quick - even with a bad head wind down the back straight. I ran 70, 68, 69, 70 and 71s - with which I'm well pleased.

Regarding the Track meeting, in addition to the 400H I have decided to run the 5k and pretty much signed myself up for the 2k steeple chase as well - in for a penny in for a pound - now I've gone and written it I can't take it back!!! Now that's more like the Mad Runner we're all used to. Bring it on ......

The 12 point guide to keeping a healthy level of insanity,
10) When the money comes out of the cash machine, scream "I won!", "I won!" "3rd time this week!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment