Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lovely weather, shame about the legs

Not unsurprisingly, my legs were a little sore today but, all things considered, not actually as bad as I feared. Obviously, me being me, I went up AC for our Sunday morning run anyway. I pretty much knew from the start that I would drop off the back quickly and, after about 3km, I did just that. I managed about 9km before heading down the gym for thirty minutes on the bike on an easy level.

More about yesterday, I have to say I can see myself doing more of these hikey type events - as opposed to straight races - where you can take a bit more time without pushing to the limits. I have my eye out for some longer stuff, say 40-50 miles. And the 'gladiators' were great. I took a bit of a gamble breaking them in yesterday but it paid off. I have no blisters, rubbing or chaffing anywhere, they fit snug as a bug in a rug and the grip they provided was brilliant - champion.

Thought for the day: Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.

PS I've decided I should be up to running the Hogweed Trot tomorrow night (7pm kickoff), I might not be up to racing but it will be good training and besides, I haven't taken the cap-cam out for a while - be good to dust it off again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mad Runner,

The Trot is flat and very fast.
PB potential....

If you do wear the CapCam let the Hogweeds webmaster know and he will put a link on our site for you.

Everyone enjoyed the video of the Hilly Half.

Have a good one.

Bidders

Post a Comment