Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Oh I wished I had stayed on my feet

Not the greatest Bridge I've ever crossed but I'll take it, 18:21 (9s down on my course best). On reflection, I guess it's actually not too bad considering things. I was out of the gates a bit quick though - Don't think I've ever been out to the turn in 8:44 before - so I guess it was a little toooo quick! The Mad Runner stomp - usually employed when hill climbing - kicked in with 800m to go and it was all I could do to get to the finish. The knee felt a little sore right afterwards but it seems ok now.

 Well done to Sean H, he had another blinder, knocking 11s off his PB to clock 16:27 and claim 5th place over all.

And finally, thought you might like to hear my latest piece of prose (or maybe not). Penned in memory of the Mynydd Troedd fell race last Sunday. Can't think of a decent title for it ...

Oh I wish I had stayed on my feet,
But the mountain was just far too steep,
Arms flailed in the air,
Without any care,
Oh I wish I had stayed on my feet.

Oh I wish I had stayed on my feet,
But my running style wasn't so neat,
I charged like a horse,
And struck with full force,
Oh I wish I had stayed on my feet.

Oh I wish I had stayed on my feet,
But the deadline I just had to meet,
Near the finish, I fell,
Bashed my knee, hurt like hell,
Oh I wish I had stayed on my feet.

Thought for the day: No one is listening until you make a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment