Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lunching out

Well, after the last few days disastrous training - or almost entire lack of any - I managed an easy run with Graham during lunch. We were only out 25 minutes but at least I'm back out running without the pain. The neck tension and muscle aches seem to have all but disappeared - which is good considering I've the Longtown fell race on Saturday followed by one of my favourite races on Sunday, the Ironwood Challenge (which is part of Nailsea Running Clubs three race series and a cracking little race).

The IC is a great multi-terrain race of about 10k and 1,200 feet of ascent, taking place in the woods above Long Ashton, Bristol. The route takes you up and down, out and back. The last few times I've finished in the top 20 and I managed fourth last year - suffice to say I might have to buy a top twenty spot this year 'cause I sure as heck don't think I've a chance of getting there on foot. Still, stranger things have happened at sea... What the heck does that saying mean anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment