Friday, August 03, 2007

Scent of the country...

...up over Dundry. Got out for a steady 11.4km up over the top, as they say in the trenches. It took me twenty minutes before the legs were flowing properly but once I got into my rhythm it was really rather nice out there. The worst part of the run came about fifteen minutes in when the unmistakable acrid aroma of cow dung came wafting across the still country air spreading its olfactory unpleasantness and suffocating the life out of everything caught in its path - OK, so it wasn't quite that bad - but taking deep breaths of that stuff was not recommended. I was happy when I got into my rhythm so I could get the hell out of there.

I enjoyed it tonight. No pressure. No need to leggit. Just a nice steady run. I think it's probably done me the world of good for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment