Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Return of the incredible Hogan

Well what a sorry state we were all in tonight! The amazing band of cripples. Sean, away last week on a training camp, looked like he's in need of some of my vinegar and brown paper with his dodgy knee. Rob had a few problems with his little piggy going to market - or was it the one going weeeeeeee all the way home? Nick - well, Nick looked plum knackered. Jamie broke down with cramp and Rick didn't even manage to get into the session, having tight hamstrings. Of Jerry, what can I say, the old master steered his way through the debris to complete the full session in the inimitable, consistent fashion we come to expect from the maestro, 2 x 400, 3 x 300 and 4 x 200. He was the only one to complete the full session - we bow to thee o' majestic one.

I ran five 1000m reps, same as last week. I needed to test my achilles in a controlled manner. It has been a worrying few days for me but I think I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The achilles feels much better now that I've done the session. Even when walking I could feel some pain and discomfort but now I don't feel any pain at all. Miraculous cure? or just a numbing of the senses?

I ran the reps a fraction slower than last week but that was more a case of feeling tired than anything else. I eagerly await tomorrow morning which will be crunch time. If the achilles is no worse than today then I know it's game on. If it's any worse then ...... well, I choose not to think about that. Until tomorrow then......

Thought for the day: How do you set a laser printer to stun?

No comments:

Post a Comment