Saturday, August 25, 2007

Pants!

Didn't make the distance. With hind sight, twenty miles along the cycle path was probably not a great idea. Nice and flat - yes. Variation to keep the brain from dying - NO. It was mind numbing. Pace wise it was good, weighing in at 6:55 verses 6:45 marathon pace but distance wise I was four and a half miles shy. It wasn't that I couldn't have gone on - because I feel I could have gone on at the same pace for miles - but I was just totally bored. In fact, I was so eager to get it over and done with that my last two miles were run at 6:30. I just wanted it over.

I am going to run the Battle of Sedgemoor 10k tomorrow. I guess it's not going to be my quickest race ever but should be good to run it as a tempo after a today's reasonably hard effort. I guess I'll look to fit in a semi-long run on Monday - but I will choose a much more interesting route.

Off to prepare this afternoon's golf competition. Hopefully I will, as Bruce Forsyth would say, have a 'good game, good game'....

Thought for the day: Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment