Wednesday, January 10, 2007

That's a nice bit of 5 by 8

Or in normal speak, five 800's, ran at a consistent, if slow pace. We were a bit thin on the ground tonight. Nick and Ben worked well together. They put in five 1k's plus three 400's to finish, which is a longer session than normal, so well done them. Mini-Ben was out tonight as well, just getting back into it. He gave me some good pacing on the first lap, running very consistently. Gave me a target.

Conditions were good tonight. You could feel the wind on the home straight but it was much less strong than of late. Additionally, as a one time special offer, it didn't rain on us! Although I was slow tonight I still felt it was a good session. It wasn't slow because I took it easy, it was slow because I just couldn't go any quicker. I was focused throughout and working hard, especially on each of the second laps. There was no easing up and I really pushed down the home straight. Felt the old jelly leg kick in on a few of those laps.

I've been working hard for a couple of weeks and I might take an easier one next week. I still feel I'm benefiting from all the hard training and getting stronger. Not sure if I'm getting any quicker but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment