Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Not so much mile reps as a big eight mile rep!

The legs are still not great and I almost missed training tonight. In the end I managed to haul myself over to Aztec. Not so much to do the mile reps - the legs just wouldn't have coped - more as a psychological boost - to make me feel like I'd done some thing. I decided to jog round and put in eight miles of easy running. The training session was really just an excuse to get out there and jog - without it I would have sat on my big lardy all night!

Anyway, I actually began to get a bit of pace in the legs by the end. The first couple were just a warm up in 8:30 and 8:00 then I ran 7:00, 6:48, 6:30, 6:20, 6:01 and then a final 7:40 cool down lap. I ran the laps continuously without recovery as I was going so slow. I was quite surprised I managed to get one run at six the way the legs felt before hand. I just hope I haven't put myself back by running that quicker one cause I hope to do a proper session on the track tomorrow. I guess I'll find out in the morning if the legs are still pants or not.

Well, I can hear the 'ting' of the cooker which means my quorn korma with poppadoms and nan bread are ready for the eating - proper athlete food.

No comments:

Post a Comment