Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Massacre

Well I have to admit that The May Hill was much more of a massacre than I expected! It was much harder than I thought it was going to be. Well done to the race organisers for a great race with loads of marshals to make sure we didn't take a wrong turn - definitely one to add to the running calendar.

My recent run of good results continued as I finished in 12th place out of somewhere in the region of three hundred, I'm guessing (I was race number 332 and there were more entering on the day). It was a course which took in everything. A bit on the road, then some good firm uphill sections followed by some down right muddy sections. At one point I thought I was going to do a 'Vicar Of Dibley' - there was a large puddle in the midst of one of the muddy sections, the water came over my knees - I thought I was going to disappear!

And finally, I might have found a race for next weekend, Thornbury's Riverbank Rollick 8.1 - sounds wet - but then I got some good practice today.

No comments:

Post a Comment