Saturday, June 30, 2007

Have some ......

I had a great run today on Leg 1 of the Cotswold Way Relay (12 miles and about 1600ft of ascent). I really enjoyed it - drizzle and all. I was hoping to scrape home in around 1:30 but my time of 1:27:54 exceeded all expectation and put me in 12th place. That's a massive six minutes quicker than last year and more importantly I only gave away 6 minutes and 40s to the leader so I'm really quite chuffed - it even makes up for having to get up at 4 o'clock in the morning!

Big thanks got to Simon R and GWR for giving me the run - I think I've just about atoned for my disastrous run for them at the Castles - I'll no longer have to run and hide whenever I see one of them approaching :) Good luck to the rest of the team.

Regarding the run, I paced myself quite well and held back just enough so that I was able to finish reasonably strongly but without anything much to spare at the end. My pace remained pretty steady throughout - obviously it decreased and increased on the steep ups and downs but overall I was running on or around 4:35 kilometer pace the entire race.

The resurgence of the Mad Runner continues......

Thought for the day: I can go for miles if you know what I mean. I'm comin' up so you better get this party started.

By way of a change (not), here is the route of Leg 1 of the Cotswold Way Relay.



No comments:

Post a Comment