Tuesday, June 05, 2007

What an excellent day

I had the most marvelous news this morning - I've won the lottery - only kidding, like I'd ever be that lucky - and anyway, I think you have to purchase one of the ticket things to be in with a shout.

Meanwhile, back in the real world - I've got a run on the weekend and it's a cracker, leg 10 - a half marathon mountain stage - back of the net - oh lucky day. I'm going to aim for 1 hour 30 which I reckon should be feasible - difficult to say how much time the hills will add to my half pb of 1:23 but it makes sense to be realistic. The one thing you can depend on though, is that I shall be giving it the works. I know it's going to be hard to get into the top third of the field on this leg because there will be a lot of good runners out there trying to help win their team the prestigious Kings, Queens (no, not Julian Clarey) and Monarchs of the mountain. The mountain stages always attract plenty of strong runners - but I'm not scared.

I didn't get out for a run today, just a burn on the bike and rowing machine at the gym instead. The legs are still a bit stiff and I don't want to let my team down on Saturday so I'm going to taper and everything. And on top of everything else I hit 51.5 on the bike fit-test bike - doesn't really mean much but it's the first time I've topped 50 for ages so it backs up my general feeling that I'm on the way back.

I shall, of course, be hitting the track tomorrow for a quick speed tune up before taking it easy on Thursday and Friday ahead of the big event.

Thought for the day: Yipee!

No comments:

Post a Comment