Monday, June 18, 2007

The full on Monday experience

I am determined to keep the training momentum going. I have to start putting in some hard work. Today it was the 800m hill reps again - and like the session a couple of weeks ago I managed to complete all five reps but I was slightly slower this time round, consistent but slower, only managing 3:33's. Still, there was a stronger wind today which didn't help and the slowness didn't come about because I wasn't trying - 'cause I really bloody was. It was a good forty minute session and I'm feeling positive.

Afterwards I headed back to the gym for an hour on the bike. The legs were pretty dead. I always do the interval hill workout which increases the resistance over time before dropping back down and starting again. I can always tell when it's been a hard day because I can't stay sat - I have to get off the seat to keep the peddling going when the resistance hits its peak - today was one of those days! Then I finished off with a short session on the weights on account of starting to feel pretty weak - I needed some carb so I headed home.

Tomorrow is going to be as easy day with the gym running group so that I'm ready for Wednesday's track session with the boyz.

Thought for the day: Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment