Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Well that was a bit rubbish

Went out and ran the Clevedon 10k tonight. I did rubbish. I set off at a good pace 3:41 kilometers and maintained it exactly round to 4k point. Between 4 and 5 it was like someone attached a weight to my back. It was like running through treacle. My pace dropped almost instantly down to 4:00's and stayed there for much of the rest of the race before a slight surge in the last couple of k's. I know I shouldn't expect much after a hard weekend but I can't help feeling disappointed. I eventually finished in pathetic time of 38:45, just over a minute outside my PB and quite honestly a poor effort. Perhaps I'm getting old.

I'm off now to say twenty hail Mary's and a couple of how's your father's in penance of my awful performance.

Congratulations to Helen F though, who, unlike me ran a corker, knocking somewhere in the region of 30s off her previous PB, to set a new time of 37:15 (it might have been 37:12 but I was feeling a bit light headed when she mentioned it so I shall wear my body army next time I see her just in case).

Thought for the day:

In this proud land we grew up strong, We were wanted all along
I was taught to fight, taught to win, I never thought I could fail
No fight left or so it seems, I am a man whose dreams have all deserted
I've changed my face, I've changed my name, But no one wants you when you lose
Don't give up, cos you have friends
Don't give up, You're not beaten yet
Don't give up, I know you can make it good

No comments:

Post a Comment