Friday, June 22, 2007

Just a rest day

Well it ended up being a rest day. It was a close run thing though - who am I kidding? - no it wasn't. It's Friday and no force on earth could have moved me to get out there and train today. I should, however, be fully up for it tomorrow when I attempt to put in eighteen big ones.

After yesterday, I feel a lot more optimistic about getting back to those big miles I'm known for. In two or three weeks time I hope to be back up on a weekly 20 mile long run before extending to 26 in the final throws before the marathon. Some say you shouldn't go that long in training but it's what I thrive on. I never do mega weekly mileage, just one big one (quiet) and one medium, the rest is shorter, quality stuff (relatively speaking, as I'm not sure any of my running could ever really be described as quality) - that way I get my strength without risking injury.

Thought for the day: You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.

No comments:

Post a Comment