Saturday, June 16, 2007

Battle of will

I managed to stay out there for 2 hours and 5 minutes but I had a severe 'wobble' just after the hour - I was close to heading back to the gym. I went through a ten minute period of 'it doesn't matter, a hours good' - 'no it isn't' - 'yes it is' - 'no it isn't' - I'm just glad the 'no it isn't' won out because it would have been hard to take after planning for a two hourer (I know, that's not a word but it should be) and it would have made it twice as tough to stay out there the next time. Now, however, after putting that particular demon to bed, I'm back on the wagon and ready to roll.

After the run I headed into the gym for a half hour ease down on the exercise bike. It's amazing just how quickly you can fall into the old routine. I should be ready for our Ashton Court run tomorrow - but how quite how nimble I'm going to be is another matter entirely.

Thought for the day: Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment