Sunday, July 01, 2007

Result!

Massive congratulations to GWR for their fantastic third place in the Cotswold Way Relay yesterday and well done to Simon for managing to organise twenty runners for their two teams - no mean feat in itself. I was glad (and honoured) to have helped in a small way to their success - I'm only sorry I couldn't have stayed through the day to support the effort but I couldn't refuse the excuse for a booze-up, err, I mean genteel Birthday celebration - my head was not good this morning!

The team finished just over ten minutes behind the winners, Team Bath, and under two minutes from second placed Stroud - if only I could have gone just a little quicker..... but honestly, I gave it my all. My quads are really hammered today and as an added bonus I now have a matching pair of tight hamstrings - yes, that's correct, the right one has now dutifully joined the left. Hopefully it will ease off in a day or two. Suffice to say, what with that and the 160 mile drive home this afternoon I'm having a rest day. Normal training should resume tomorrow - no rest for the wicked - well, ok, a little bit of rest but I can't be going all namby pamby.

Thought for the day: What's another word for thesaurus?

No comments:

Post a Comment