Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Terrible, just terrible

Today's run to the summit did not go well. The weather was great. There were a few too many flesh eating flies - OK, so they don't actually eat flesh but they're bloody annoying all the same. Overall, conditions were good. It was just a terrible run.

From the start I felt tired and my breathing wasn't quite right. I've had the sniffles for the entire holiday but it hasn't affected me until today. Somehow I just wasn't able to breath deeply. Anyway, after about 15 minutes I stopped and started back down but then I felt annoyed with myself so started back up again but after another 5 minutes I stopped again and that was the end of that.

There was no way I was going to make it to the top today - at least in any sort of half decent time - so I decided it was better to save myself for tomorrow's long run. It's a shame because there's no other space in the Schedule to fit in another attempt at getting to the top - today was the only window of opportunity and I blew it. I'm not going to be too hard on myself though - to be honest things like this really p@#$ me off so I shall try and do something to take my mind off it - I know I'll go and 'play' some golf - that should do the trick. The rest of the training has gone really well and the race was a great bonus. I'm allowed one off day - I just better not have more than one!

Thought for the day: Only the mediocre are at their best all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment