Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Almost the old Wednesday magic....

It was a case of very nearly the old Wednesday magic and the group was massive tonight, there were seven - yes, that's SEVEN!!! Nick and Sean ran Rick's punishing 500m/300m reps with just 20s recovery between the five and three - glad I was excused that one thank you very much! The rest of us, Harry, Jamie (new a few weeks back while I was away), Rob, Matt and not forgetting me of course, ran 3 sets of three 300's with 1 minute recoveries.

I found it tough going after the relatively easy two weeks I've had :) I managed fairly consistent reps though and overall it was a good session. My splits were 49, 52, 49 then 49, 50, 50 and finally 48, 50, 52. I found the last couple really hard but found myself having to dig deep after just the second 300. It was a tough battle tonight both mentally and physically. Luckily I managed to stay with it - although some might beg to differ.

Long may the group remain at seven - the magic number - seven of us, in the seventh month, in the seventh year of 2000 - nice.

Thought for the day: What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know, and I couldn't care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment