Monday, July 16, 2007

'Orrible day

It was the first day of really bad weather that we've had. I was hoping to get back up to the top of the Cairngorms again but it was too nasty today and I'm obviously just a wee softie - one week in Scotland and already I'm getting the hang of the the lingo, not bad eh? I'll be speaking like a native soon - well, maybe not.

Anyway, I managed to get myself out for a short 40 minute recovery run, up to Loch Garten and back. To be truthful the legs felt a bit stale. It's amazing how your legs can feel fine with your arse sat on the nice comfy sofa and so crap when you start to move them, one in front of the other, in rapid succession - strange isn't it? OK, so not that strange - and I suppose, not that unexpected. I guess the recovery run was actually a sensible option in the end.

I'm hoping to fit in today's planned run to the Cairngorm summit tomorrow morning before golf - yes, weather permitting, it will be another golf day. Will the golf be a half full glass or half empty glass? Yesterday's race was definitely a full glass day so fingers crossed I can carry at least a three quarter full glass to the golf - what am I on about - I'll shut up now......

Thought for the day: A jury consists of twelve people chosen to decide who has the better lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment