Friday, July 20, 2007

It ended with a short run

Well I managed to get out for that one final run before heading home tomorrow. True, it was only a short, flat one, weighing in at just over 18 miles and 3,000ft of ascent but it was a bit more pacey than previous, averaging towards my target marathon pace and it included navigating gates and styles etc. All in all it was a good session to end with. Always good to end on a high note.

I have to admit that it's been a hard couple of weeks on the legs which have held up admirably under the strain. My weekly mileage is up by over 66% which is quite a jump but nothing has broken - so far. The foundations are well and truly laid and I really feel the old strength is back. I'm now confident going forward towards Berlin. This has given me a much needed boost and Sunday's race was a superb added bonus.

Looking to the week ahead I think it's time for an easier one - although I will definitely be there on Wednesday for the track. Ultimately the hard work starts here and in the ensuing eleven weeks until Berlin I am going to build on what I have achieved over these last two weeks.

I think it's safe to say the old mad runner is back.....

Thought for the day: Only borrow money from pessimists, they don't expect to get it back.




No comments:

Post a Comment