Wednesday, July 04, 2007

A little bit of golf

Well I managed to get to the driving range after work for a quick bash on the ol' hickory shaft - that's my golf clubs before you ask. I haven't swung them since last September but it's a bit like riding a bike - you never lose the magic. My balls flew like Exocet missiles when I clubbed them - painful. I'm looking forward to playing a few rounds in the next couple of weeks and feel confident of playing reasonably well tee to green - now the putting, that's going to be a different bag of chips altogether...

Enough idle chatter, on to tonight's track reps. The only good thing I can say about tonight's session was that at least I stayed the distance and did all five reps. We ran 800's - 600m steady and then picked it up (or tried to) for the last 200m. I was, to say the least, not quick. Without making excuses, the wind was too strong in the home straight - damn, I just made an excuse. On the first lap it was hard effort to stay on pace, the second lap was a lost cause. I did pick up the pace in the final 200m but only by a couple of seconds and I was practically falling over my own feet. My times were 2:35, 2:40, 2:40, 2:42 and 2:44. I was just not fresh enough tonight but I stuck it out. We all found it tough going tonight - Sean and Nick that is. No Harry or the forgotten one - Rob.

I'm not sure how good I'm going to go tomorrow. I have a two hour run planned with a mate from the gym who is running the Berlin Marathon with me. I can't back out but I'm guessing I'm going to struggle a tad......

Thought for the day: There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment