Monday, July 02, 2007

Perfect gait....

I was too tired to run today. I took my kit to work but I was just too darned tired. I've now come down from the high of the weekend - oh what a great run I had. I managed to put in a hard hour on the bike and half on the weights so at least I managed something. And the hamstrings are both a lot looser today. I'm going to go for an easy one tomorrow and then hit the track on Wednesday when hopefully I will be fully recharged and ready for action.

Easy Runner were at the gym today with video analysis of your gate - oops, gait. I feared they'd tell me I had completely the wrong shoe and run like a spanner but it was actually good news. I have near perfect gait - well, OK they didn't exactly say 'perfect' more it'll do, but they did say I was running in the correct type of shoe - a neutral shoe, which in may case is the Mizuno Wave Rider which I've been with ever since version 7 (now on version 10) and land with a decent mid to fore foot strike - which is nice. At the end of the day though, because I suffer so few injuries (on account of my indestructibility) it pretty much pointed to the fact that I had the right shoe - that's right as in correct not right as in running with two right feet - I'll shut up now.

Thought for the day: Anybody can win, unless there happens to be a second entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment