Thursday, May 31, 2012

Ennerdale Splits

Well I eventually got the cut off times for Ennerdale from a kindly soul and it doesn't look like I'll be able to go off slowly and build like I did in the Three Peaks. By all accounts the first couple of Check Point cut offs are tight - and I'd not be one to disagree. In fact I think I will have to go at from the off just to stay in the race - and I'm aiming to complete in 5 hour 20 minute. What that means for the rest of the race is that it will be fairly unpleasant. The later cut offs, however, look a doddle - well, they would've been a doddle had the first couple not have been too stupidly quick.

Have to say that disappoints me a little. I don't think there will be any scope for enjoying it but at the end of the day, the race organisers have the final say. Without their effort there would be no race at all. So if they say kill yourself to check point three and then suck up the pain from there on then suck up the pain it is... Anyway, I have worked out my splits and hopefully I can make it round. Still not looking forward to the long drive up...

No comments:

Post a Comment