Friday, March 09, 2012

Planning For Tomorrow

A trip to Abergavenny, or more accurately, just on past it, Llanthony. I've got a big circular loop planned in the reverse traverse - nice - direction. Starting at Llanthony Priory I'm going to head up to Offa's and head out to Hay nonny nonny Bluff and across the 'Knob'. Then all the way round to Crug Mawr, passing over Waun Fach, Pen y Gadir Fawr and all the others on route. Finally the drop down into the valley, the rise up the ridge to Bal bach and the final descending back down to Llanthony.

In all I reckon that should be somewhere towards 40k and about 4,000 feet of ascent. If I'm honest I need a bit more ascent and if I'm still feeling energetic by the time I reach Waun Fach - which isn't likely - then from there I will loop round to Pen Trumau, drop down into the valley for the climb back to Pen y Gadir Fawr. That should add about 4k to the route and another 1,000 feet of ascent - and probably really piss me off. Going to be the first to admit that the likelihood of that addition is low to almost negligible - but you never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment